Thursday, August 25, 2011

Les Miles


Les Miles....as much as I hate his time management during the games, and some of his play calling, and his mind boggling support of Jordan Jefferson (which might finally come to an end), I actually really like the guy. He's become a national personality, even if the reasons might seem embarrassing at first, like say, for eating grass. But its his ability to make fun of himself that makes him so...endearing? Is that the right word?

And I quote: "Yeah, ya know what I do? I have a little tradition that humbles me as a man, that lets me know that I'm a part of the field, and part of the game....so yeah, it's gonna be all over the news tonight, but ya know what, you should have seen some games before this. I'll tell you one thing, the grass at Tiger Stadium tastes best."

And with that, not only does he make it sound not crazy, but he actually makes you think he is in some way connected with the gods of college football. And there might be something to that...

There's no denying he's one of the luckiest coaches in college football. He has something like a 92% success rate on converting on 4th down. That's unheard of. It's seems every bounce goes his way, literally. If he could only figure out the quarterback position he could hoist up the crystal football every year.

I love that we have such a personality on our team (as long as you take away ALL of his game time decisions). But what I love more is the fact that the players love him, he never takes himself too seriously, and he can make fun of himself better than anyone else. Think white velcro shoes, the hat, the grass, that "special " clap....

Anyway, we'll see how he handles all this bar fight nonsense. He might have his biggest challenge yet on his hands. I'm not worried, this actually might be a blessing in disguise.

Enjoy the new Gameday commercial. And as Les would say, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment