Thursday, September 12, 2013

Just Augustines


We Are Augustines, excuse me, Augustines, is a band that likes to change names.  After their first band Pela broke up in 2009, they regrouped and decided to go with the name Augustines, which was taken, hence We Are Augustines.  It's a bit more complicated than that, but that's the gist of it.  Their first album, Rise Ye Sunken Ships, was one of my absolute favorite albums of 2011.  I played it on repeat.  After a couple of small tours and a new studio album due out next January, they're back...this time as just Augustines.

Anyway, I was lucky enough to catch their show in Paris when I was there with my dad last April, and it was one of the best concerts I can remember.  They were (and still are) not quite mainstream, but much to my advantage, as there were only about 50 people in the crowd.  They gave it their all, and it was awesome.  So here are some pics from the show.  

Their new single is called Cruel City.  Their new album drops in January.  Needless to say, I'm excited.  Hit play and enjoy.














No comments:

Post a Comment