Saturday, May 21, 2016

Allison & Damian :: A St. Francisville Wedding


If you're looking for that quintessential Southern Charm, I'm just not sure it gets any better than St. Francisville, Louisiana.  Located about an hour north of Baton Rouge in the rolling landscape of the Tunica Hills, it's simply a place that has not been touched by time.  And if you're looking for one of the most beautiful plantation grounds to get married, look no further than Greenwood Plantation.  I'm not sure that I've seen a more impressive collection of Oak trees anywhere, and in Louisiana that's saying something. 

Having said all that, this wedding was special for a number of reasons.  I know the bride and her family all too well, so I was the photographer and guest, a role I have played before.  So after the party was over and all the guest had gone, my family and I stayed with them on the plantation grounds.  We hung well into the night, talking about the day and thinking about the ghosts of Greenwood's past.  Late in the night as I wondered around the grounds by myself with only the light from the stars and Greenwood's glow in the distance, I was transported back in time.  

It was simply one of those nights where you're thankful to be from Louisiana.  I can't put my finger on it, but there's just something special about the place and the people here.  Must be something in the water.  

Anyway, enjoy the photos.  And congrats to Allison & Damian...I loved being a part of your day!




































































































































































































Goodnight from Greenwood Plantation!







No comments:

Post a Comment