Friday, September 14, 2012

Must listen: King Charles


Yet another brilliant singer/songwriter from London.  I don't know what took me so long to discover this album, I'm just glad I finally did.  I actually saw this guy open up for Mumford & Sons a couple of years ago at the Republic.  At the time he was just a one man acoustic set, and this album is anything but.  A great surprise.  And even better, Mumford & Sons even guest star on one of the tracks.  

This entire album is insanely good and catchy...it's also insanely hard to put in a certain genre.  It's a brilliant mix of Vampire Weekend and folk music and Queen-like harmonies, all mixed with reggae beats, infectious riffs and classical undertones.  I don't know if that made any sense, so just listen.  Check out the whole album, there's not a bad song on it.  Looking forward to more of this guy to come.  

Watch this video and check out these songs, you'll be glad you did.  This guy is awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment