Monday, September 3, 2012

A week in the Mountains

Just got to spend a week in one of my favorite places on earth, and I was actually able to pry some of my dearest and nearest friends away from their busy schedules to do the same.  Even if it was just for a couple of days I think I convinced all of them to make this an annual trip.  Still looking to fill a few more slots... hopefully these shots will convince those who were too busy to come to make this a priority.  (Here's lookin' at you A&S)

The weather could not have been better.  Every morning when we woke it was 59 degrees.  It was borderline cold.  One of my favorite things about the NC trip is swimming in the lake.  We didn't get it once. A little disappointing, but I'm not complaining.  It was glorious.  

It's also amazing how photogenic North Carolina is.  They have old gas stations and leaning barns and rusty signs and old Model T's and horses and mountains and creeks and waterfalls and etc, etc.  There is always something interesting around every turn.  I swear one day I'm just going to go out by myself and make a day out of photographing all this old stuff, but its kinda hard to do when you have a bunch of people with you.  Until next time (which I say every time).  

Hit play and enjoy these photos!

Ho Hey by The Lumineers on Grooveshark







See Rock City.








Call me maybe.







Old Model T Runabout (I think) just rotting away.







Not a fan. 





Not a bad way to spend an evening.




Gracie, much bigger now.






As my mother would say, "the gloaming was beautiful." 

Very rainy morning. 



One of my favorite places in the entire world.
















Whiteside Mountain, fantastic little hike.





















A golden/lab mix that's terrified of the water- go figure.










Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment