Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Summer in North Carolina


I'll say it before and I'll say it again... Highlands, North Carolina is my happy place.  Cell phones don't work.  Internet crawls at a snails pace.  You can't see or hear your next door neighbor.  It's glorious, just glorious.  This tiny collection of photos is from this summer, Memorial Day and the Fourth to be exact, and in no particular order.  I think it reached 75° at it's hottest.  It is heaven on earth.

We did the usual. Hiked, drank, ate, read, conversed, drank, ate, white water rafted, zip-lined, swam, watched fireworks, and found a den of rattlesnakes.  I even managed to lose my wedding ring in the lake.  I made it 6 months, and at least it's in a pretty romantic spot, if I do say so myself.  Oh well, mine's replaceable.    

I am already missing those cool crisp mornings, but it won't be long before I return.  














































Until next time, NC.



No comments:

Post a Comment