Thursday, March 12, 2015

BTS - The Mignon Faget Catalog Shoot


As many of you may or may not know (the latter certainly not being friends with my mother), I shot the new Mignon Faget catalog last fall.  It was my biggest job to date.  It all started when Phillip Collier (brilliant graphic designer who's been working with Mignon for the better part of the past century) convinced the good people of Mignon Faget to let Riki and me take a bunch of her jewelry to Paris with us.  It was an audition of sorts, and while the pictures weren't used, they ultimately led to this job when I got home.  Plus, who wouldn't want to have a photoshoot in Paris with a beautiful muse?  


The whole thing paid off, and the photos below are the result.  It was a bit of a family affair...my fiance, the beautiful Riki Collier, was the primary model, and my soon-to-be father in law, Phillip Collier, was the art director (and excellent stand in).  It led to a very relaxed set to say the least.  As it turns out, I had the easiest job of all.  Riki did nearly everything...she was a stylist, make up artist, model, producer...this catalog would not exist without all of her behind the scenes work.

The whole thing was an absolute blast, and I learned a ton.  Plus, seeing your work printed by the tens-of-thousands is pretty cool too.  Thank you everyone for all the compliments!  Thank you Phillip, Jen, and Mignon!  And of course, thank you Riki and Maya!  It really was too much fun...

So, enjoy a sneak peak behind the scenes!










The gorgeous Maya Taylor.























Never know what you'll find out in the swamp.
















Note to self: next time get a dog who isn't obsessed with squirrels.



It was also my first time to see a huge printing press in action.  What a production!  The fine folks over at Garrity Solutions made me feel right at home, and I was even given a tour by Pat Garrity himself.  These guys are master printers, and it was fascinating to see them at work.





So there you have it!  The making of the Mignon Faget catalog...hopefully you got one in the mail!

3 comments:

  1. Jamey, I am in awe of you and your absolutely stunning fiance! Congratulations! I miss you guys and hope to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work!! Rikki is beautiful... Congrats on the catalog and the engagement.

    Karen Leunissen

    ReplyDelete