Thursday, May 16, 2013

Jazz Fest 2013

Jazz Fest has come and gone, and while it may have been my favorite one yet, I was glad when it was over.  I was pretty exhausted.  I went 4 days, my most yet, and the weather could not have been more perfect.  We're talking May in New Orleans, and I was actually cold the last Sunday.  Yes, I was chilly with a long sleeve shirt on...in the sun...in May.  It's still relatively cool outside as I write this.  I'm not complaining at all.  Naturally, I hope it lasts all summer long.  

Anyway, here are a few pics from Jazz Fest.  It's always a great time.  I saw a few long lost friends I haven't seen in quite some time and our house was full.  Great times were had by all.






Good ole Freddy.



The actor Michael Chiklis actually took this shot, I kid you not.  I didn't realize it until after.  Really nice guy.





Always love seeing strangers in my shirts.  






Dark clouds hover above Mid City.  Dave Matthews played in this.

Fiya Fest in Mardi Gras world, a relatively new venue right on the riverfront.  

The Revivalists always put on an awesome show.  Go see them.









Day 3 of Jazz Fest, the girls arrive.  It was a struggle to even get out of the house.





Norah Jones.  Love.


This is what the streets in the neighborhood look like after Jazz Fest lets out.  House parties galore.

















Black Keys.














Happy Jazz Fest.

Time to say goodbye.  Until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment