Friday, May 29, 2015

DamNation




"What was lost?  Eden."

Fresh off a trip to the wilds of New Mexico, this short film really hit home.  The West blew my mind.  It opened my mind.  Around every bend I felt what Katie Lee felt.  "We would go around a corner, and spread out before us would be this incredible site...everything was in the right position; everything was perfect."  

This is not a political post, I just wanted to share this beautiful video with you.  Make of it what you will.  As someone who's been to Lake Powell and had a blast, this video really made me think about the consequences of our actions.  Lake Powell is a helluva fun place, but we've lost something irreplaceable.  We've lost a paradise. 

One thing is for sure- I ain't done with the West yet.  I'm dreaming about my next trip already.  


No comments:

Post a Comment