Monday, August 19, 2013

Abandoned West Bank


If you follow my blog or photography at all then you know my interest in abandoned and long forgotten places.  I just so happened to be looking for something on Google earth the other day when a particular sight grabbed my attention.  Even from well above the earth's atmosphere you could tell that this semi-circle of houses had long been neglected and the property long abandoned.  I couldn't find anything online, but its not like I knew what to search for anyway.  I had to check it out for myself.  

Based on the general layout of the buildings and old playground equipment, I'm guessing this place was a school complex of some sort.  All five buildings were numbered, 1 to 5, and they were all but piles of wood.  As you'll see from the photos, these buildings are not even close to salvageable.  They are rotted and caved in.  I didn't even dare try to enter one.  But its weird...someone obviously maintains the grounds (it was somewhat freshly mowed) but the houses are literally one good thunderstorm from washing away.  There's no saving them.  At this point I'm just glad curious to know what they once were.  If anyone has any info, please leave a message in the comments below.  

[And as usual, my only purpose in photographing these abandoned places is to document what's left behind.  I never break in or force anything open...if it's sealed up it's simply move on my way.  I take only photographs, and leave only footprints.  It's all about respect.]   





















No comments:

Post a Comment