Thursday, June 13, 2013

Dom & Katie :: Married

Katie and Dominic are up on the blog...finally.  I really enjoyed shooting this wedding, mostly because I feel like they "got" me.  I remember when we first met in a coffee shop.  I was showing them some of my wedding portfolio and they were really digging my black & white stuff.  I obviously love black & white, and I told them that if I could, I would shoot a whole wedding in just black & white.  To my surprise they actually loved the idea and basically told me to go for it.  So, I knew that if I wanted to, I could give them their entire wedding album in black and white and they would love it...  Talk about artistic freedom!  These were two cool cats.

Ironically, as it turns out, they just so happened to have their wedding in one of the most colorful settings I've ever photographed.  The colors were just ridiculous!  So the idea of an entire black and white wedding kinda went out the door, but that's what's so great about digital- you're not fully committed to either medium.  Anyway, it turned out to be a beautiful day and I ended up giving them a healthy dose of both black & white and color (like I always do).  The wedding and reception were held at the Abita Quail Farm, a beautiful venue in the heart of Louisiana.  As you'll see, they had beautiful peacocks just peacockin' around...which was really cool until the males started competing with each other, yelling and screeching at decibels that will make your ears bleed.  But I digress...it was a beautiful wedding with a beautiful couple and beautiful colors.  All in all it was a great day and everyone had a great time.  Enjoy the photos.





















































































No comments:

Post a Comment