Monday, March 4, 2013

The Suzie Q Birthday Special

Well, I won't go into years or numbers or anything that could get me into trouble, but today is my mother's birthday.  I don't think she's very excited about it, but still, it should be celebrated.  Without her I would not be here.  And without her guidance I definitely would not be where I am today.  I owe her for every single fiber of my artistic being.  

1950's

It's funny how looking at old pictures of your parents in their youth really makes you think of them in a totally different way.  No matter how old we get as children, it's still kinda all about us.  It's like their life stopped when we were born.  It's hard to imagine your parents and their personalities (and all the stuff they never want to admit happened) before you were even a twinkle in someone's eye.  It's fun to think about.  Anyway, here are a couple of photos that I've fixed up a bit.  The first one is one of my all time favorites.

1960's

1990's

Happy birthday mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment