Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Danny G. Birthday Special

I'm sorry for my total neglect of this blog recently, but I have been insanely busy.  It's the busiest time of year for my job and I have been lucky enough to get a ton of photography gigs in the past month.  I'm not complaining, but I'm nowhere near caught up.  I'll be posting more soon, I promise.  Anyway...

Today is a very special day.  My father, the one and only Danny G., the man who (helped) bring me into this world, turns 65 today.  He can now officially retire, although that's not likely.  (And by 'not likely', I mean 'will never happen').

This man has given me a lot in life (including my first DSLR), but none greater than some of the best advice ever given.  You see, it's not about the money, the possessions,  the recognition, the ego, your accomplishments...it's about doing what you love, surrounding yourself with people you love, and giving back.  The rest of that stuff will naturally fall in place.  He is truly the most selfless, genuine, and humble man I have ever met, and he inspires me to be great.

For Christmas I gave him a book of fixed up photos that survived my grandparents house, and these are some of them.  Some are truly scary...it's like looking into a mirror, although I've been told by many of my girl friends (and past teachers) that that's not really a bad thing.

Here's to the big six-five!  Love ya Pops!

1954.

Uncle Bob.




Nacy Alex, my grandpa, 23 years old.

WWII.

Geraldine Ouzts (my grandmother) and my aunt Nancy.

Kinda weird to see your grandparents so young and in love.

Brotherly love.

Danny G. and sister Nancy.



Cousins.

Birthday boy.  Scary, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment